In this section, we will post old and new laws relevant for the cultural sector in Lebanon.
About the Ministry of Culture:
- Law Nr. 2869, 29 December 1959, On the organization of the Ministry of National Education and its subdivisions: Law Nr. 2869-1959
- Law Nr. 215, 2 April 1993, Creation of the Ministry of Culture and Higher Education: Law Nr. 215_1993 MOC
- Law Nr. 247, 7 August 2000, On the restructuring of some ministries: Law Nr. 247-2000
- Law Nr. 35, 30 October 2008, On the organization of the Ministry of Culture: Law Nr. 35-2008
- Law Nr. 36, 16 October 2008, Public Institutions under the Ministry of Culture: Law Nr. 36-2008 Public Institutions under MOC
About Cultural Heritage:
- Law Nr. 30, 7 October 1982, Decree to join the UNESCO convention concerning the protection of the cultural and natural heritage: Law Nr. 30-1982
- Law Nr. 37, 20 October 2008, Decree about the determination, administration and protection of cultural property: Law Nr. 37-2008
About the Definition and Rights of Artists:
- Law Nr. 33, 10 August 1962, Decisions on the status of foreign artists in Lebanon: Law Nr. 33-1962
- Law Nr. 10267, 15 August 1962, Decisions on the status of foreign artists in Lebanon: Law Nr. 10267-1962
- Law Nr. 3855, 21 September 1972, The international convent on civil, , political and cultural rights of 1972 determines the fundamental rights of Lebanon. Of particular interest for this project are the articles 21 (p. 1063), 22 (p. 1063) and 8 (p. 1088). They establish the right of assembly in a peaceful manner and the right to build syndicates.
- Law Nr. 56, 30 December 2008, Decisions on the definition of artistic professions, on trade unions of artists and possible admission requirements: Law Nr. 56-2008